Benefits of Membership
SVU works hard to give its members the professional resources needed to succeed in today’s quickly changing business environment. Join SVU for access to essential resources to help make your voice heard in the ultrasound community and enhance your professional ultrasound career. Like what you see below? Join SVU today!
Which Membership is Right for You?
- Technologists & Sonographers ($155)
- Our most common member type. Intended for vascular technologists, sonographers, lab directors, and all other allied health professionals.
- Physicians ($255)
- Our membership for physicians holding an MD or DO degree. The higher cost is to cover the costs SVU incurs for the AMA PRA Category 1 CME Credits that come with this membership.
- Students ($35)
- For students studying vascular technology or diagnostic medical sonography with a vascular track, though all students are welcome to join. Students within six months of their graduation should choose the Transitional Student membership.
- Transitional Students ($70)
- Open to former SVU Student Members for their first two years following graduation. Contains all the benefits of a Sonographer Membership.
- Fellows & Surgical Residents ($105)*
- Resident/Fellows rate is for physicians training at an accredited hospital. ALL are required to submit proof of status in the form of a letter from their department head or program director. Fellows members cannot join online, must mail/email/fax completed application and proof of status to SVU offices (more information on how to do this below).
- Retired and Disabled ($55)
- Open to anyone who has retired from practicing vascular sonography/has become disabled and can no longer work. Contains all the benefits of SVU membership, except for the printed JVU (online access and free CMEs still included). Must submit a signed SVU Retired/Disabled Member Affidavit with application.
The quickest, easiest way to become an SVU member is to join online. If you would prefer not to join online (or if you are seeking Fellows membership), please submit your application to us through one of the following methods:
- Mail it to: PO Box 75491, Baltimore, MD 21275-5491
- Fax it to 301-459-5651
- Scan and email it to email@example.com
No need to travel, just sit at your desk or on your couch at home! Have access to at least six webinars. Each year, you can earn at least six SVU-CME or AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
FREE - Save over $300
SVU Annual Conference
Hear the latest research surrounding vascular ultrasound at our Annual Conference and connect with leaders from across the world. Earn at least 15 SVU CME credits.
DISCOUNT - Save $100
Journal for Vascular Ultrasound
JVU offers 12 SVU-CME Credits and 12 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ each year!
This quarterly journal delivers original scientific articles, technical reviews and applicable insights to help you excel in the workplace. For students, these insights will help you connect what you are learning in the classroom to what you see in the workplace. Earn up to three SVU-CME or AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ per issue online.
FREE - Save $105
RPVITM Study Course
Take advantage of the deep member discount (worth as much as membership itself) through this 2-day study course. Earn at least 15 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
DISCOUNT - Save $150
Online RPVI Course
Through an exclusive relationship with Pegasus, you will have access to a vast array of RPVI™ prep courses as well as additional online vascular modules.
Students have access to over $3,000 in scholarships to help with school tuition and Annual Conference travel costs.
A series of guidelines designed to help you perform a variety of exams.
HPSO Liability Insurance
The plan offers full-time employed rates as low as $89 a year! If you need to obtain or renew your professional liability insurance coverage, here's a great way to do it through HPSO at great rates.
SVU represents your profession on national, state and local issues.
Advocacy Updates and Calls to Action
Stay up to date on critical regulatory and legislative issues. Chime in when regulators and legislators need to hear directly from professionals in the field.
Five percent of your membership dues are used for advocacy efforts advancing your profession.