Originally presented on November 10th, 2020
Presenter: Muhammad Hasan, MBBCh RPVI RVT RDCS RDMS
Target Audience: Vascular technologists, sonographers, students, physicians and radiologists
Aortic Endovascular Aneurysm Repair (EVAR) has become the standard of care for many patients with abdominal aortic aneurysms. This lecture will address how contrast-enhanced ultrasound (CEUS) is a superior and effective diagnostic tool for surveillance and follow-up to detect and classify endoleaks following EVAR.
Upon completion of this course, attendees should be prepared to:
- Explain the fundamental physics of contrast enhanced ultrasound.
- Apply proper use of contrast enhancement agents for EVAR.
- Describe the pathophysiology of EVAR endoleaks.
- Detect EVAR endoleaks on contrast-enhanced ultrasound.
- Characterize enhancement of different types of EVAR endoleaks