Make a Donation
Donating to support the SVU Foundation is simple and can be done at any time, even while you are renewing your SVU membership. Donations to the SVU Foundation are tax deductible as allowable by law. Your donation funds the research and education initiatives of the SVU Foundation.
There are many ways to get involved with the SVU Foundation, including our newly formed committee volunteer opportunities.
- Visibility and Awareness Committee
- Research and Scholarships Committee
- Fundraising Committee
- Corporate Development Subcommittee
The SVU Foundation is the 501(c)(3) charitable non-profit sister organization of the Society for Vascular Ultrasound (SVU, Inc) established to support the community of vascular lab professionals through:
- Research to advance the profession of vascular ultrasound
- Vascular Ultrasound education & scholarships
SVU Foundation's Board of Directors
- President: John Carson, MD FACS RPVI
- Secretary: Patricia Poe, BA RDCS RVT FSVU
- Treasurer: Karen Burns, VSVU, MBA, RN, RVT*
- Director: Traci Fox, EdD, RT(R), RDMS, RVT*
- Director: Anahita Dua, MD MS MBA
- Director: Ann Marie Kupinski, PhD RVT FSVU
- Director: Denise Smith, MD PhD RPVI
*SVU, Inc. Board of Directors Liaison
The Foundation funds 5 scholarships annually through the Anne Jones Scholarship Fund for vascular ultrasound students, and provides grants to up to 8 SVU members to attend the Annual Conference.
2022 Applications is Closed
Submission Deadline: May 1, 2022
SVU was initially incorporated in 1977 as a 501(c)3. In August 2017, SVU members approved transferring their membership to a newly established 501(c)6 professional society. The SVU Board of Directors approved the bylaws and the transfer of Membership and Operations to the 501(c)6 in November 2017. As the result of this process, Society for Vascular Ultrasound, Inc. (SVU, or SVU, Inc.) is now the membership society for the community of vascular lab professionals.
The existing 501(c)3 was renamed the SVU Foundation. As a separate organization, the Foundation has its own Board of Directors, budget, accounts, and record-keeping. It is now a research and education foundation.
To see the current bylaws for the SVU Foundation (as updated November 2018), click here.