What is Advocacy?
Advocacy is the presentation of the unified voice of the profession to policy makers at the federal and state level, including Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), Congress, and state legislatures.
- 2020 Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System and Medicare Physician Fee Schedule Final Rule (November 2019)
- Great news for SVU! (November 2019)
- CMS Releases Proposed Rules for 2020 (August 2019)
- Message to Members regarding Final Rule for 2019 (November 2018)
- Important Advocacy Update for New Hampshire Sonographers
- Statement on SDMS proposed Guidelines for Infection Prevention and Control in Sonography
- CMS Directs MACS to Automatically Reprocess Reimbursements Within 6 Months
- SVU Comments to CMS on CY 2018 HOPPS Final Rule
- 2018 HOPPS Proposed Rule Comments (Filed September 11, 2017)
- 2018 PFS Proposed Rule Comments (Filed September 11, 2017)
- PACS Practice Expense Inputs for Digital Imaging Services Survey - Closes August 15
- Letter to CA Assembly and Employment Committee (March 2017)
- Letter to NH House and Senate (February 2017)
- Letter to NH Governor regarding NH Licensure Bill (April 2016)
- SVU Supports IAC Guidelines (May 2016)
- FDA Seeks Permanent Injunction Against Pharmaceutical Innovations, Inc. (10/2014)
- PFS CY 2015 Proposed Rule Summary (7/2014)
- SVU CY 2014 Revisions to PFS Comment Letter (1/2014)
- Form Letter Requested to Be Sent by Members to the CDC Re: Cuff Disinfecting (10/2013)
- Letter to CMS from SVU, SDMS, ASRT, IAC Re AAMI EQ56 Hospital Equipment Maintenance Standards (10/2013)
- Letter to CMS Re: CMS-1601- P- Proposed Changes to Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System (HOPPS) for 2014 (9/2013)
- Letter to CMS Re: CMS-1600-P- Proposed Revisions to Payment Policies under the Physician Fee Schedule for 2014 (9/2013)
- Governor Susana Martinez signed SB 342 (4/2/2013)
- CARE Bill introduced in the House (HR 1146) and Senate (S 642) (3/2013)
- CMS Issues Final Rule for CY 2012 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule
- Final PFS Rule RVUs v. Final HOPPS Reimbursement Rates for 2012
- Analysis of Key Provisions of the CY 2012 Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System (HOPPS) and Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) Final Rule
- Analysis of Key Provisions of the CY 2012 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule Final Rule
- SVU Submits Comments to CMS on Proposed Changes to the Hospital Inpatient Prospective Payment System and CY 2012 Payment Rates
Make your voice heard. Get involved with SVU Advocacy.
Do you have an advocacy question, a policy issue or trend you would like SVU to look into?
For Members Only: Submit your advocacy question, policy issue or trend with our Advocacy Submission Form.
Please log in to access the member's only advocacy question form.