SVU Mission Statement
SVU is the community of Vascular Lab Professionals leading the way for high quality care of vascular patients.
The SVU and SVU Foundation Bylaws were updated and approved by the Board of Directors in November 2017. To view the current bylaws, download them here:
SVU Code of Ethics
Amended and re-Approved by the Board of Directors on November 14, 2019
The Code of Ethics of the Society for Vascular Ultrasound is intended to set forth and promote the highest guidelines of professional and moral conduct among its members. It also provides a basis for guiding decision making in handling moral and/or ethical dilemmas. Members of the Society for Vascular Ultrasound should:
- Act in the best interest of the patient to include patient privacy, health and safety.
- Maintain professional integrity by avoiding circumstances where a compromise of professional conduct or conflict of interest may arise.
- Avoid participation in personal, professional, or social media interactions or situations that misrepresent or falsify information.
- Refuse to participate in illegal, fraudulent, or misleading behavior.
- Respect human dignity, providing services without regard to race, sexual orientation, gender, age, religious belief, socio-economic status, or nature of disease process.
- Enhance the integrity, honor, and prestige of the field of vascular technology by establishing cooperative relationships with colleagues and/or other professional societies, supporting the Society, and maintaining a positive public image.
- Demonstrate and maintain professional competency through acquisition of an appropriate credential through an accredited credentialing body, and participation in continuing education opportunities.