Track Your Earned CME Credits
SVU sends weekly CME reports for all of our members to ARDMS/APCA and CCI. All we need from you is your ARDMS/APCA/CCI number, and we’ll do the rest! Please note that this service is only offered to active SVU members.
I Earned CME Credits, Why Are They Not Appearing In My CME Bank?
There are several different reasons why your earned SVU-CME credits are not appearing in your CME Bank with ARDMS/APCA or CCI.
- We don’t have your number listed on your profile. We need your full number to transfer your credits.
- Your name on your SVU profile does not exactly match your name with ARDMS/APCA or CCI. If there is any discrepancy between the name listed on your respective profiles (such as a missing middle initial, or use of a nickname), the credits will not transfer.
- You just earned them in the last week or two. We send a list of all credits earned in the prior week over to both ARDMS/APCA and CCI every Thursday afternoon. It then takes ARDMS/APCA and CCI roughly 2-3 weeks to post the credits to your CME bank. So, it can sometimes take up to a month before you see the credits you earned in your CME bank.
- You earned the wrong type of credit(s). SVU offers both regular SVU-CME Credits and AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. The AMA credits are for physicians, while the SVU-CME credits are from everyone else. If you took the wrong type of credit, then ARDMS/APCA or CCI will not accept your credits. But, you can go back and retake the correct test so that the credits will transfer properly.
- Still not sure why your credits aren’t showing up? Give us a call at (301) 759-4550 or shoot us an email at email@example.com.