Student Membership in SVU
Why should you join SVU?
"Get involved and support SVU! We hope this is the beginning of a life-long voyage of continuing education to ensure your position as an expert in a field of vascular technology. Therapeutic vascular procedures may change, but ultrasound and Doppler continue to solidify its reputation as the most accurate, non-invasive and cost-effective technology available. Your job is to make sure you can understand, adapt and even develop new techniques to assist the clinician in making a vascular diagnosis. SVU will help educate you, connect you with colleagues to support and mentor you and provide you with a platform to deliver your ideas and discoveries."
Terrance D. Case, MEd RVTS
Assistant Professor and Program Director
Bachelor of Health Science/Vascular Sonography Program
Nova Southeastern University, Ft. Lauderdale , FL
- Access to SVU experienced members who have walked in your shoes and are ready to share their vast knowledge with you.
- Ability to become a Signature School Member.
- The printed and online version of the Journal for Vascular Ultrasound (JVU), a quarterly peer reviewed scientific publication
- You will receive eSpectrum, the SVU monthly e-newsletter, as well as Student First, the e-newsletter, which is sent out quarterly to SVU Student Members.
- Free live and archive webinars, each offering 1 SVU CME credit.
- The opportunity to attend various SVU regional education programs and the Annual Conference at a discounted student rate.
- Discounts on educational materials such as course syllabi, mock examinations and materials to assist you with preparation for your ARDMS(R) RVT examination or CCI RVS examination.
- The benefits of SVU's advocacy efforts ensuring vascular ultrasound has a strong collective voice in health policy debates on various regulatory and legislative issues affecting your profession.
- Scholarship opportunities through the Anne Jones Scholarship, as well as educational scholarships to attend SVU's Annual Conference (pending sponsorship each year).
- SVU Student Representative position on the SVU Board of Directors.
Join SVU Today!
SVU Student Membership is only $35 annually.
SVU Transitional Student Membership is $70 annually.
Transitional Student Membership is available for student membership renewals for the first two years after graduation.
Student Membership Requirements
Students must be full-time undergraduate or graduate students in an accredited vascular or diagnostic medical sonography program, and must submit a letter of verification from the department head or registrar certifying your current student status and date of graduation.
Signature School Program
Are you a Program Director and looking for a way to stand out from the rest? Are you a student and know of many of your classmates who are interested in joining SVU ? Learn more about our SVU Signature School Program.