Welcome! SVU has numerous resources for vascular students such as scholarships, a quarterly newsletter, tips on writing a case study and more. Please contact us with any questions.
Learn more about:
- Student Community
- Writing a Case Study
- Anne Jones Scholarship
- SVU Student Board Member Representative
- Annual Conference Educational Grants
Student Membership in SVU
Why should you join SVU?
Get involved! Support SVU! And continue a life-long voyage of continuing education to ensure your position as an expert in a field of vascular technology. Therapeutic vascular procedures may change, but ultrasound and Doppler continue to solidify its reputation as the most accurate, non-invasive and cost-effective technology available. Your job is to make sure you can understand, adapt and even develop new techniques to assist the clinician in making a vascular diagnosis. SVU will help educate you, connect you with colleagues to support and mentor you and provide you with a platform to deliver your ideas and discoveries.
Terrance D. Case, MEd RVTS
Assistant Professor and Program Director
Bachelor of Health Science/Vascular Sonography Program
Nova Southeastern University, Ft. Lauderdale , FL
- Access to our UConnect platform, which is used by over 6,000 experienced members who have walked in your shoes and are ready to share their vast knowledge with you
- Ability to become a Signature School Member
- The printed and online version of the Journal for Vascular Ultrasound (JVU), a quarterly peer reviewed scientific publication
- e-Spectrum, SVU’s online newsletter published monthly
- Free live and archive webinars, each offering 1 SVU CME credit
- The opportunity to attend various SVU regional education programs and the Annual Conference at a deeply discounted student rate
- Discounts on educational materials such as course syllabi, mock examinations and materials to assist you with preparation for your ARDMS(R) RVT examination or CCI RVS examination
- The benefits of SVU’s advocacy efforts ensuring vascular ultrasound has a strong collective voice in health policy debates on various regulatory and legislative issues affecting your profession
- Scholarship opportunities through the Anne Jones Scholarship
- SVU Student Representative position on the SVU Board of Directors
- Access to educational scholarships to attend SVU’s Annual Conference (pending sponsorship each year)
Join SVU today!
Annual dues for SVU Student Membership is only $35.
Student Member Transitional Rate—SVU Student Members may renew their membership at $70 for the first two years after graduation.
Student Membership Requirements
Students must be full time undergraduate or graduate students in an accredited vascular or diagnostic medical sonography program and must submit a letter of verification from the department head or registrar certifying your current student status and date of graduation.
Signature School Program
Are you a program director and looking for a way for your school to stand out from the rest? Are you a student and know of many of your fellow students who are interested in joining SVU too? Check out the SVU Signature School Program today.