An SVU Fellows candidate must meet all of the “Required Elements” and at least three of the five “Professional Elements” listed below to be considered for this honored membership category designation.
- Must be a current member of SVU with consistent membership for at least 5 years.
- Must be a Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT), Registered Vascular Specialist (RVS), or a qualified physician.
- Must have been active in the field of Vascular Technology for at least 10 years.
- Must have provided service to SVU on a national or local level (i.e.; SVU committee / ad hoc committee member, SVU Board member or officer, or local chapter officer).
Professional Elements: candidates may be a technologist, educator, manager, faculty member, physician or industry leader and must meet at least three of the following:
- At least 10 scientific and educational presentations pertaining to the field of Vascular Technology.
- Be listed as an author in at least 5 published articles pertaining to the field of Vascular Technology.
- Have provided relevant service to other societies.
- Have had a lead role in research and development of a new application or technology.
- Served a full term on SVU Board of Directors or as a Committee Chair.
*Only current Fellows can nominate someone to become a Fellow.