The Advocacy Committee is the voice of vascular ultrasound to government bodies, working your behalf on a host of policy issues affecting the profession. Because the profession operates simultaneously in two fields – ultrasound and vascular – SVU brings a unique perspective to policy makers in Congress, in Executive branch departments and agencies, and even within the greater healthcare community.
To increase our impact, SVU often works in coalition with allied organizations on areas of common concern. But we are never afraid to go it alone to be sure the unique interests of our profession are clearly communicated and taken into account by policymakers. Oftentimes SVU will issue a ‘call to action’ to set certain groups of our members in motion, providing them with talking points and data to persuade policy makers and decision shapers of our position.
This involvement by our members has been crucial to our Advocacy successes over the years. Oftentimes SVU will issue a ‘call to action’ to set certain groups of our members in motion, providing them with talking points and data to persuade policy makers and decision shapers of our position.
Take a look at the latest activity and official correspondence of the Advocacy Committee, as well as the Advocacy Chair’s blog. Currently, the Advocacy Committee is actively working or monitoring issues such as these:
- Reimbursement issues with the US Center for Medicaid/Medicare (CMS).
- State level licensure issues.
- Issues affecting schools and clinical training of new sonographers.
- Workplace injury/repetitive motion injury.
- Joshua Lee, BS RVT, Chair
- Joshua Lee, BS RVT, Board Liaison
- Executive Director, Staff Liaison
- Sandra Brown, MA RDMS RVT
- Kelly Byrnes, BS RVT FSVU
- Eileen French-Sherry, MA RVT FSVU
- Judi Green, BS RTR RDMS RVT RDCS FASE
- Rachel League
- Joshua Lee, BS RVT
- Jeremy Payne, RVT
- Krystal Samulak, RVS
- William Schroedter, BS RVT RPhS FSVU
- Matthew Theis